Aside from installing a 7′-8′ high fence around your property, these Garlic Deer Repellent Units are the most effective control for deer damage in your landscape. We have used them for years here in our north Idaho “deer heaven”.
Deer are creatures of habit. Use plenty of the deer repellents the first season to discourage deer browsing in their favored locations. The repellent units will last the entire season, and you will find much reduced deer browsing in following seasons.
Free Three Day Shipping!
- 25 Repellent Units per bag.
- Effective – formulations are based on long known information.
- Long lasting – repelling odors apparent for months instead weeks; not affected by rain.
- Easy to use – just break a barrier and clip repellent to a plant or fence; or poke a few in the ground.
- Formulations are 100% organic and the plastic body biodegrades.
- Economical – only one application is necessary for a whole season of protection.
- Guaranteed – We believe that Plant Pro-Tec Repellents are the best repellents on the market for repelling deer, rabbits, dogs, cats, gophers, and moles. We, therefore, offer a full refund to any customer who has used a product correctly and is still not satisfied with the results.
- Assembled and packaged with the assistance of disabled men and women of Shasta County, California.
Many folks have asked: “How can the Garlic Deer Repellent Units last 6-8 months?”
The garlic odor lasts a long time for two reason: 1) The garlic odor is from concentrated garlic oil – one ounce of the garlic oil is equivalent to 200 pounds of fresh garlic! 2) We have created a slow release system. Sulfur compounds give the garlic its repelling odor, and if exposed to air, sulfur compounds oxidize. As oxidation occurs, the garlic odor dissipates. It is the same as watching an exposed apple core turn red with rust as it oxidizes. We prevent oxidation of the sulfur compounds by sealing out air with a plastic cone (See cross section diagram at left). The cone, however, allows the garlic odor to slowly permeate through. Without the cone the garlic odor would be evident for 1 to 2 months. With the cone the garlic odor is evident for 6 to 8 months, a whole growing season! Another reason the repelling garlic odor is long lasting is that the formulation is not affected by rain or irrigation water. Although the Garlic Deer Repellent Units have a rain-shield, we still recommend that Repellents be clipped on sideways to prevent water form getting in. Water cannot dilute the formulation, but it can create a barrier which prevents the garlic odor from escaping. Another question that we often get is ‘Why can’t I spray garlic juice or hang garlic cloves on my plants?’ The answer is that you can, but the garlic odor will be gone in several days because of the oxidation of the sulfur compounds that give the garlic its repelling odor.